Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The use of our service may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Cookies and usage data
Personally identifiable information like your first and last name or email address will only be collected or used if you initiate contact and provide this information through the contact form(s) on our website(s).
We may collect usage data sent by your browser when you visit our website(s). This usage data may include such information as your IP address; browser type and version; pageview information; time, date, and duration of visits and page views; and other diagnostic data.
Our website(s) may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies, depending on your browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
Cookies are used to track visits and page views within our website(s) to help us determine which of our services are the most useful. This data is used to improve both content and user experience.
Use of Data
We use collected data for a variety of purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our website(s)
- To respond to communications from users of the website(s)
- To prevent, monitor, and address technical issues
Names and email addresses submitted to us through our contact form(s) are used specifically and solely for the purpose of responding to communications initiated by users. Questions submitted through our contact form(s) with the intent of receiving an answer on a future podcast episode may be used for that purpose.
We do not sell, rent, lease, or give personally identifiable information to third parties. We will not share your personally identifiable information in any way without your consent.
Your information is transferred to our computers in the United States for processing. By using our website(s), you consent to the transfer of your information.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third parties to facilitate our service, provide services on our behalf, to provide services related to our services, or analyze the use of our services. These third parties have access to your information only to provide these takes, and we require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
This includes Google Analytics, a web service offered by Google, which tracks and reports web traffic. Google uses this data to track and monitor the use of our website(s). While we do not place or allow the placement of advertisements on our website(s), Google may use this data to contextualize and personalize advertisements within its own advertising network. For more information on Google’s privacy policies and practices, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
This also includes RefTagger, a service that enables the appearance of a box with the appropriate Bible verse whenever the user selects a Scripture reference. For more information on RefTagger’s privacy policies and practices, please visit https://reftagger.com/privacy/.
This also includes JetPack, a service that backs up information from our website. For more information on JetPack’s privacy policies and practices, please visit https://automattic.com/privacy/.
Our website(s) contain(s) links to other sites outside of our control. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website(s) and to read the privacy policies of any other site that might collect personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information without notice in the good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- To comply with the law or a legal process served on us
- To defend our rights or property by legal means
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing connected to the use of our website(s)
- To act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our website(s) or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Personal Information
We work to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for this purpose.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge by using our website(s), that:
- There are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control
- Security, integrity, and privacy of all information and data exchange between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed
Children under Eighteen
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our website.
If you are a parent or guardian, and you become aware that your child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information without your permission, please contact us so we can take steps to remove that information from our servers.
External Data Storage
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Policy
GDPR Compliance Information for EU Citizens and Residents
- The administrator of our website(s) and properly designated members of our Board of Directors are the only persons within our organization who have access to personally identifiable information.
- Our processing of user data is legally justified on the basis of the user’s consent.
- All personnel with access to user data are made aware of the appropriate practices for protecting user data.
- In the event we become aware of a data breach, we will notify the affected user(s); should the data breach affect any EU citizens and/or residents, we will notify the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in the Republic of Ireland.
- The administrator of our website(s) is responsible for ensuring GDPR compliance throughout the organization.
- To the best of our knowledge, any third parties with whom we have data processing agreements are credible and we are operating on the good-faith assumption that they are GDPR compliant.
- We are not required to appoint a representative to the EU as our “processing […] is occasional [and] does not include, on a large scale, processing of special categories of data as referred to in Article 9” of the GDPR.
- Our organization does not meet the criteria that would require the appointment of a Data Protection Officer.
- Users can request a copy of all of their personally identifiable information in our possession by contacting us at the address below.
- By contacting us at the address below, users can also correct inaccurate or incomplete data, request the deletion of their data, request that we stop processing their data, receive their data in a transferrable format, or object to the processing of their data.
- Our organization does not use automated processes to process data or make decisions about individual users that could impact them adversely.